DIY Conservatory Roof System
The roof is undoubtedly the most important element of the whole conservatory, it being the main structural component
that ties everything together.
You can be safe in the knowledge that we use market leading roof systems from the industries leading roof systems manufacturers, Ultraframe, Synseal and K2. Each roof type is fully BBA accredited and structurally tested to British and
DIY Supply Conservatories are the only online conservatory supplier able to offer you this range of conservatory
roof systems. Which means we are best placed to provide you with a product that will be ‘truly fit for purpose’.
Main Roof System Components
Your new conservatory roof will be made from many different components, each system will vary slightly in the design
of those components. However the main components of every roof system all serve the same purpose, here is an
example of the major components that go into creating a conservatory roof.
It is now regarded that a high quality conservatory systems now carry a 25 year life expectancy.
Depending on the style and pitch of the roof, similar sized conservatories can be very different.
These are the most popular styles available
Obviously the type of house and the space that you have to build your DIY conservatory will impact on the final designs available to you.
For more information and guidance please see our design section or call us on 0845 6526 349.
Choice of roof glazing
There are 2 choices of roof material for you new DIY Conservatory. Polycarbonate or Glass.
Each of these materials comes in a wide range of choices so there will no doubt be the right product to match your requirements and budget.
Polycarbonate has long been the choice for conservatory roofs due to its
low cost when compared to glass. Over the years it has been developed
and now takes the form of 25mm and 35mm,
available in Clear, Opal, Bronze, Bronze on Opal and Heatguard.
High performance glass roofs are becoming increasingly popular due to
advantages that it offers when compared with Polycarbonate or Standard
With the development of new glass products specifically for conservatories,
there is glass to suit almost every requirement. Whether that be Solar Control,
Self-cleaning or Noise Reduction then there is a glass for you.
The main advantages over standard glazing are
- Reduced glare
- Self cleaning or easy clean external coating
- Choice of 4 subtle but attractive tints. Neutral, Bronze, Blue or
- Increased thermal insulation, thus reducing heating bills
- It will keep you conservatory Warmer in winter and cooler in summer
- Reduced condensation
We are the only DIY conservatory supplier to offer this range of high performance glazing.
To see the performance of the individual roof glazing options available, please see our glazing specification section.
Up to 78%
U-Value up to
- Available in 5 colours as standard
White, Rosewood, Rosewood/White, Light Oak and Light Oak on White
Any colour available on request
- Perfect colour match with Frame System
- 25mm & 35mm Polycarbonate roof glazing available in a choice of Clear, Opal, Bronze, Bronze on Opal and Heatshield.
- 24mm Glass option. High performance Low E, Solar Control, Acoustic and Self-Clean options available
- BBA accredited roof system manufactured from structural aluminium to BS8118 and BS EN 755-2 and supplied with PVCu cappings.
- Aluminium top cappings are supplied as standard on coloured profiles and as an option on white.
- Self supporting box gutter, no need for unsightly gallows brackets on most installs.
- A Classic Ogee Gutter is supplied with concealed brackets
- Full 10 year product guarantee